015 Rebel Zen | The Metal Five Element Pod
Magic carpet rides and tragic sunsets…are you digging it? What is the cosmic connection? Do you have trouble letting go of people or things? Are you floating on clouds? Is the world your sacred temple? Do you desire respect from those around you or from those you admire? Do you like to hang back and watch the world come to you? Metal is what Metal wants to be.
By Jaye McElroy and Leta Herman | Follow: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | RSS
“It’s the metal magic carpet ride… Spring will never come if we don’t let go As long as we don’t cling too tightly and too long, and we relax into the ebb and flow of life, which is death and rebirth, then we can be happy in the Metal element.”
In this Pod’s conversation, we talked about:
- Conservationist mentality – treasuring things like rare metals and even the occasional jar of jam.
- Letting go – being acutely aware that all things come to an end.
- Cosmic nature – the rest of the world is enamored with your cosmic nature.
- Value – you feel a stronger connection to and appreciation of something that might end.
- Respect – silent head nod, hands in prayer position, monk bowing to you.
- The Judge and the Executioner – black and white, no gray area
- The Night Errant – Camelot, Lancelot, being of service
- Nostalgia – a pleasant emotion associated with memory
- Sarcasm – Metal humor is sarcastic and a bit dark
- Bette Midler, James Dean, Marilyn Monroe, Angelina Jolie, Johnny Depp, Meryl Streep, Jane Lynch, Humphrey Bogart, Greta Garbo, Nicole Kidman, Dame Maggie Smith, Queen Elizabeth II, Amanda Palmer, Paula Poundstone, Jim Gaffigan, Jerry Seinfeld
“When that leaf leaves its mother tree, it will never be attached again. So it has to truly let go. And to truly let go, you must fly free and easy and embrace the fact that you’re falling.”
“It’s like Metals have a direct connection with some kind of divine ethereal realm. So we want to be near Metals in the hopes that something in them will rub off on us.”
“If someone is going to chop my head off, I don’t want them to be all emotional about it. Give me a sharp blade and a quick cut.”
Links in this Episode:
- The Nine Stages of Alchemy – take you on a journey of self-cultivation with the goal of helping you truly fly in your life and live your full potential
- Connecting Your Circle
- The Energy of Love
- Grieving Treatment
Join Our Facebook Group
Click here to join our Facebook group for additional content or to send us a message.
Join Our Inner Circle
If you would like to join our email newsletter list, click below. (We will never sell or misuse your email in any way, it is safe.)