🎶 Exploring metal music: It’s all about duality. Metal has two modes – one’s the rule-following, law-abiding, goody-two-shoes, and the other’s rebellious, a big middle finger to society’s norms. It’s all about connection and loss, from funky dance vibes to a wild, head-banging frenzy. It’s a fascinating range of music that swings between these extremes. 🎸🤘 #MetalMusic #Duality
“Metal music is best characterized by its syncopated bass lines, polyrhythms, and the minor key. When metal music isn’t getting down and funky, then it’s usually evoking feelings of nostalgia, wistfulness, and being forlorn. And that’s what the minor key does in music. It actually makes you feel forlorn.”
- What is Metal music energetically? – Funky and wistful
- Genres that tend to be more Metal – Folk, the Blues, Funk, Jazz, Heavy Metal, Gothic and Punk Rock
- Metal dancing – deep knee bending, hip grinding
- Metal singers: Amy Winehouse, Lorde, Stevie Nicks, Cher, Mazzy Starr, Joni Mitchell, Sade, Loretta Lynn, Lucinda Williams, Ella Fitzgerald, Lana Del Rey, John Lennon, Sting, David Bowie, Prince, Tom Petty, Neil Young. Bob Weir, Darius Rucker, and Leonard Cohen
- How the second Element affects Metal music
“Think of it like the trees shedding their leaves in autumn. That’s the Metal season. It’s like waving goodbye to those sunny summer days. Goodbye, friends. We may or may not see you again.”
“The truth is, all of us “F” up. You know, all of us, all the time, we’re F-ing up, and yet, we just don’t talk about it that way or sing about it the way Metals do. They love to sing about it, apparently.”
Show website: InspiredActionPodcast.com.
Want to know more about the Elements? Our book “Connecting Your Circle: How the Five Elements can help you be a more authentic you” is available (FOR FREE) when you join our Alchemy Learning Center (clik the FREE ACCESS button). Plus there are a number of cool free videos and meditations.
Check out our online classes, books, and more… AlchemyLearningCenter.com