Do you have a job, or do you have a career? Are you always training to do something? Who are you when you show up at work? What is work for you? Understand the Nine Palaces a little more, starting with the Career Palace. When did The “F-Word” become Fun? Do you have a passion for work? Why the Nine Palaces are like Trivial Pursuit, Parcheesi, and the Game of Life. Do you want to understand more about your career palace? Can you walk away for happiness?
“Fun is such a dirty word. What are you doing for fun? When did the F-word become Fun?”
By Jaye McElroy and Leta Herman | Follow: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
In this Pod, we talked about:
- 8 Palaces and the 9th is Home. You want to get home.
- Deep dive into the 9 Palaces – Career, Relationship, Health, Wealth, Home, Travel/Adventure, Creativity/Children, Wisdom, Prosperity
- The Magic Square and the Nine Palaces
- Career is a Water Element palace — Waters sometimes obsessively acquire skills.
- Job is what you do for money. Career is what you’re passionate about.
- 20-somethings getting jobs they don’t like. They just want to get out of their parents’ house.
- Write down 10 things you love about your job. Loving something before you move on.
- Up In the Air, George Clooney, the Axe man
- Our identities are linked to our careers
- When’s the last time you had fun?
- Shifting your identity — think, act, eat like that person
- Even if you love your job, reevaluate. Are you growing?
- What is your job.
- Do you love it or hate it?
- Are you authentic at work?
- How many hours a day do you spend on work (include dressing for work, driving back and forth).
“If you were just honest with yourself that you don’t like that career and you took the steps to make a real change, not just a lateral movement to another job you hate, but a real change, you can discover what you love to do.“
“What part of your identity do you have to change everyday to fit into this job?”
“Jobs are for money. Careers are for passion or fun or fulfillment The ideal situation is if you have a job that turns into a career that you get paid for.”
“You better love your job because you’re giving away half your life! Probably more. More than half your life to something you love or don’t love.”
Links in this Episode:
- The Nine Stages of Alchemy – take you on a journey of self-cultivation with the goal of helping you truly fly in your life and live your full potential
- Connecting Your Circle– The Five Elements primer – download the book below
- The Energy of Love– Love and The Five Elements
- And now for a Segway… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpEcI1Ak4MI
- Alchemy Healing Center – https://AlchemyHealingCenter.com
- Join our Facebook Group to see the Plant Energetics video that we talk about in this pod.
Email your questions and voice memos to Questions AT InspiredActionPodcast.com.
To get your free PDF copy of Connecting Your Circle:
Join Our Facebook Group
Click here to join our Facebook group for additional content or to send us a question.
Join Our Inner Circle
If you would like to join our email newsletter list, click below. (We will never sell or misuse your email in any way, it is safe.)